From the beginning: How The Noticed Network began

"Wouldn't it be great if women could get noticed just for being themselves. Noticed for who they are not what they do necessarily, but who they really are."
This was the very first thought I had about what has become the simple and powerful initiative of The Noticed Network. This was my thought as I was putting my makeup on one Sunday morning in late March 2011.

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Can't see the forest without the trees

I've noticed that there is a time and a place for everything, and sometimes the details- or the trees- need to be in focus. 

When I've heard the expression "Can't see the forest for the trees", I've always thought, "That is not me.  I don't want to live a life so consumed by the details that I can't enjoy the forest."  Now I'm thinking a little differently. 

Don't get me wrong, I am a forest kind of girl.  I am a visionary.  I love the grand.  When I close my eyes I see the forest, the big picture.  It's not that I don't enjoy the journey, it's just that truth be told, whether immature or not, I can't wait to get the destination.  I can't wait for all the trees to come together to create the forest of my dreams.  But the fact is all the trees must come together to create the forest.  Every tree matters.  Every tree needs to be seen.

The easy example for me here is The Noticed Network.  Our goal is that every woman in the world will be Noticed, that is our forest.  But how wonderful that in order for our forest to even exist we must see, and hear, and Notice every woman, metaphorically every tree.  And just like trees every woman is amazing in her own unique way. 

So I've Noticed that the expression "Can't see the forest for the trees"  needs to be tweaked a bit to work for me.  I'm changing it just a little to say "Can't see the forest without the trees" 

We live in a very busy, very fast paced world.  Even though Noticing women is my passion, there are still women in my life who I have not yet had the priveledge of Noticing.  I was able to Notice one of those women today.  As you've heard me say before, I believe in Divine timing, and I know today was the perfect time to Notice her.  Taking the time to shift my focus from the big picture to Noticing this amazing woman made the forest bigger, and it made it grander.

We all live in our own forest, surrounded by our own trees.  This metaphor can be used to explain so many different things, situations, and people in our lives.  Sometimes the forest is full of happiness, what I like to call abundance of the grand, and sometimes it is full of hard times, and overwhelming situations.  It is my belief that we can not see the forest without the trees.  The trees are the details and one of the best things to focus on are the details about the amazing women in our lives.  Taking the time to really see the true beauty in the women in your life and then Noticing them for being their amazing selves blesses both you and the women you Notice. 

Here's to the beautiful forest made possible by each beautiful tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment